1924 - 2016
||Walter M. Beissinger  |
||16 Oct 1924
||Mannheim, Germany [3, 4]
||30 Mar 1939
||New York, NY, USA 
||Walter Ludwig Beissinger  |
||24 May 2016
||Jacksonville, Duval, Florida, USA
||My Family Tree | Descendents of Hirsch Westheimer (I6684)
||24 Jul 2016 |
||Jacob Robert Beissinger, b. 27 Feb 1882, Bruchsal, Germany , d. 25 Sep 1952, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA |
||Zilla Westheimer, b. 04 Apr 1900, Grosseicholzheim, Baden, Germany , d. 11 Jan 1990 |
||Muriel Selma Haas, b. 05 May 1927, Atlantic City, NJ, USA , d. 17 Dec 2001, Jacksonville, Duval, Florida, USA |
||18 Aug 2008 |
- BEISSINGER Walter Beissinger, 91, a resident of Jacksonville since 1993 and loving husband, father and grandfather, passed away on Tuesday May 24, 2016. Walter was born in Mannheim, Germany in 1924 and was a Holocaust survivor. At age 13 he fled Nazi Germany and arrived in the United States in 1939, settling in Philadelphia, where he would live for 55 years. He served in World War II in the Philippines, New Guinea, and Japan. A graduate of Temple University, he became a CPA, rising to partner and managing partner in one of the largest local firms in Philadelphia and worked with Smoke Davis Nixon after he moved to Jacksonville. Walter was an excellent athlete. He loved playing tennis and golf, was a life master at bridge, enjoyed watching ice hockey and rooting for his hometown Flyers, and volunteered for SBA's SCORE (Service Core of Retired Executives). He was predeceased by his late wife Muriel, to whom he was married for 50 years, and spent his last dozen years married to Mary (Zimmerman). He is survived by: his children Susan Levine (Mitchell), Steven Beissinger (Whendee), and Mark Beissinger (Margaret); his grandchildren Jonathan, Joshua, and Rebecca Beissinger, Stefanie, Kara, Emily, and Jenna Levine; and family members Mark (Ellen), Don (Betsy), Rob Zimmerman, and Suzanne Zimmerman, and their children. A graveside service will take place on Thursday, May 26th, at 11:00 AM at the New Center Cemetery, 43rd & Liberty Streets, Jacksonville
- [S2] Original Import into Legacy.
- [S155] Westheimer2.FTW (Reliability: 3).
Date of Import: Jul 22, 2003
- [S283] Holocaust Survivor Registry.
- [S85] Petition For Naturalization.
- [S1180] New York Passenger Lists, (ancestry.com).
- [S1060] Obituary.